Saturday, December 10, 2011

Rhythm

I struggle with making structured routines. I do well when I have one to follow, so I wasn't surprised to learn that my little Shira thrives when he has one. The problem is that we accidentally fell into our current routine. Sort of. It all started at the end of October when I turned Netflix instant play shows on all day so I could pack and unpack. Well, it also started when I got an iPhone, but that is another story for another day.

Thing is, now we're kind of stuck.

I have a plan for getting out. It involves creating a new rhythm one day and activity at a time. I have grand visions of crafts, stories, adventures, baking, naps for Jubilee, quiet time for Shira and me, and one or two shows a day.

I just don't know where to begin. After all, every day is not the same. Also, plans change.

Am I letting my fear of having my rhythm upset get in the way of even making one?

Should I just go for it or do I need to make a plan? Because I can do lists. Really well, in fact.

One thing is clear. I must get out of this rut!

No comments:

Post a Comment